Postgresql and Interbase SQL portability

From: "Hentosh" <hentosh(at)io(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql and Interbase SQL portability
Date: 2000-04-20 02:49:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anyone know the differences between the SQL in PostgreSQL and
Interbase? What are the problems in porting between the two.

Also, I am looking for samples on using the geometry datatypes.
Specifically I am interested in putting in points and then quering for
points that lay inside a given circle.

I am interested in postgresql because of these functions and I wish to write
my entire application in that DB. But I am also interested in Interbase
since it has a replication story and may need something of the sort for
performance issues.

Thanks!