[INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA Stream support for Large Object

From: "Jesper Zacho" <Jesper(dot)Zacho(at)wise(dot)dk>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [INTERFACES] JDBC JAVA Stream support for Large Object
Date: 2000-02-29 08:01:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi

I'm building an Ecommerce application as a Servlet, and my Client want me to
replace DB2 with PostgreSQL instead. This is a good idea if you ask me, but
I need to have Large Object support working to be able to do the
replacement.

Now I have a Linux (Suse) server running the RDBMS (Ver 6.5.1), and access
the server using JDBC (driver version is 6.5 for Java 1.x) on my
test-web-server. I get the following exception when trying to set the binary
stream on the statement :

Exception caught : This method is not yet implemented.
This method is not yet implemented.
java.lang.Throwable()
java.lang.Exception()
java.sql.SQLException()
postgresql.util.PSQLException(java.lang.String)
java.sql.SQLException postgresql.Driver.notImplemented()
void postgresql.jdbc1.PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream(int,
java.io.InputStream, int)
void jdbctest.LargeObject.testLargeObjects(java.sql.Connection)
void jdbctest.LargeObject.doIt()
void jdbctest.LargeObject.main(java.lang.String [])

The situation is the same if I write the example from the JDBC Interface
chapter in the Programmer's Guide.

Is Java Streams supported for Large Objects using the JDBC Driver ?

Regards

Jesper Zacho
HiQ Wise A/S

Tlf: +45 43 46 00 10
Mobil: +45 22 62 48 51
E-mail : Jesper(dot)Zacho(at)wise(dot)dk

Attachment Content-Type Size
winmail.dat application/ms-tnef 8.6 KB