RE: Hash index on macaddr -> crash

From: "Darren King" <darrenk(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Hash index on macaddr -> crash
Date: 2000-12-08 21:56:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> We could fix this either by adding a new hash function to support
> macaddr, or by removing the pg_amXXX entries that claim macaddr is
> hashable. Either change will not take effect without an initdb,
> however, and I'm loath to force one now that we've started beta.

How about creating an SQL statement that will make the change and
putting a blurb about it it in the README, INSTALL and/or FAQ?

This wouldn't require an initdb and would let people have the fix.

For things like this that update exising fields (vs adding/deleting
fields hard-wired for use in the backend), it should work, no?

Darren