RE: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Michael A(dot) Olson" <mao(at)sleepycat(dot)com>, "Matthias Urlichs" <smurf(at)noris(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))
Date: 2000-05-20 16:28:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I don't mind so much about the performance in this case.
The difference would be little.

Isn't it a fundamental principle to define primary(unique
identification) constraint for each table ?
I had never thought that the only one index of pg_attrdef
isn't an unique identification index until I came across the
unexpcted result of my DROP COLUMN test case.

Comments ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp