FATAL 1: Password authentication failed, connecting to remote server

From: "Michael R(dot) Levy" <Michael(at)MichaelRLevy(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FATAL 1: Password authentication failed, connecting to remote server
Date: 2003-06-18 14:09:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm working with a remote version of PostgreSQL provided by an ISP (and
shared with other customers). I can connect to the database from my desktop
either by:

psql -h mydomain.com -U myuser
or
psql -h mydomain.com -U myuser -d mydatabase

I can also connect using Squirrel, setting the connection up with
URL set as jdbc:postgresql://mydomain.com/mydatabase
and User Name set up as myuser

I was using pgAdmin II v1.4.12, and recently installed pgAdmin II v1.5 Build
60.

I try to connect using
Server mydomain.com
Port 5432
Username myusername
Password mypassword

...and get the error below.

Any help much appreciated!

-- System Information --

Platform: Windows XP
Version: 5.1
Build: 2600 Service Pack 1

-- Application Information --

Name: pgAdmin II
Version: 1.5.60
Descripton:

Name: pgSchema
Version: 1.5.60
Descripton: PostgreSQL Schema Objects v1.5.60

-- Database Information --

Version: 0.0.0
Descripton:

-- Driver Information --

Name:
Version: 0.0.0
Descripton:

-- Error Information --

Number: -2147217843
Routine: pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click

Insert your comment: