Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

From: "Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-24 16:59:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've seen messages on the PostgreSQL website referring to a utility that
converts MySQL statements to PostgreSQL statements. I see that it is
convert(). However, there is no other indication on how it used or where it
is located. I looked in the PostgreSQL 8.0 docs and I could not find it. I
looked in the index for convert and found nothing.

I have a MySQL database table that uses auto increment and other
non-PostgreSQL statements so I would love an easy way to convert MySQL to
PostgreSQL statements and use PostgreSQL instead of MySQL in my project.
This project has the potential to be used throughout the US by volunteer
organizations so it is important that the database be $0, easy to use, and
interface with PHP. I am using a PHP add-in ADODB that should make the last
two easy. But I started the development in MySQL.

If anyone has any info about how to convert MySQL to PostgreSQL PLEASE let
me know!

Thanks.

Mike

Attachment Content-Type Size