答复: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] 答复: [HACKERS] postgres 1 个(共 2 个) can pg 9.6 vacuum freeze skip page on index?

From: xu jian <jamesxu(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 答复: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] 答复: [HACKERS] postgres 1 个(共 2 个) can pg 9.6 vacuum freeze skip page on index?
Date: 2016-12-02 02:54:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks every for your help. I am not familiar with the internal of the vacuum freeze, just curious if there is no row change on the table(in other words, all pages are frozen), why could index page have dead tuple?

is it possible to scan data page first, if all data page are frozen, skipping the index page scan step. Perhaps there is other reason vacuum freeze does index page first, then is it possible to provide a option to skip index page scan step in vacuum freeze command? thanks

James