Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: Paul Ganainm <paulsnewsgroups(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2004-01-05 13:39:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net says...

> err... i think you misunderstood... I'm was looking for a link to show the
> mozilla folks saying they would stop using the firebird name. I've never
> heard such a thing, while I have heard the opposite, and the info you site
> above only seems to verify that mozilla plans to use firebird in the future.

Well, I follow the Firebird lists (and am currently writing an app that
uses the embedded dll - yummy - no horrible installation scripts! - any
chance of putting that on the PostgreSQL todo list?) and on those lists
there are senior Firebird people who have posted quotes from emails
which they say (and I have no reason to disbelieve them) are from senior
Mozilla people to the effect that they will stop using the Firebird
moniker.

There are also emails complaining about the sloth - not to say
deliberate pussy-footing around - the the Mozilla crowd have been up to
in not honouring their written committment to remove the Firebird part
of the name for their browser.

There are those in the Firebird (db) crowd who are on the verge of
suing, so it could get nasty yet!

Paul...

--
plinehan y_a_h_o_o and d_o_t com
C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

"XML avoids the fundamental question of what we should do,
by focusing entirely on how we should do it."

quote from http://www.metatorial.com