Re: Comparing databases

From: Paul Ganainm <paulsnewsgroups(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparing databases
Date: 2003-11-29 21:49:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us says...

> > Nope - I don't think so. There are a few who work for IBPhoenix, who
> > consult on Interbase and Firebird and restore corrupted dbs &c., but

> Man, we need to get us some of that "corruption" to boost consuting
> fees! :-)

Well, this becomes an issue because Interbase is so easy to use (esp. on
Windows) that people "take liberties" - run it on Wintendo 98 on an end
user's machine with forced writes turned off - if you look after your
system, it will look after you.

> I just checked my Groff book and I don't see PostgreSQL mentioned in the
> index. It is dated copyright 1999. Do you have a newer edition?

Yes, I have the second edition which has an Appendix B - Vendor Profiles
- in which PostgreSQL is mentioned.

Paul...

--

plinehan x__AT__x yahoo x__DOT__x com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.