Re: PgAdmin3 1.2.2 Install on Win32 Disrupts Pg Service

From: "Dario" <dario_d_s(at)unitech(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin3 1.2.2 Install on Win32 Disrupts Pg Service
Date: 2005-09-26 15:15:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi...
It seems odd...
1) ?Could you check the user running the service? ?Is it postgres? It
should be, unless you have changed.
2) ?could you try to specify data directory to pg_ctl with "-D" parameter?
Example: "C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin\pg_ctl.exe" status -D
"C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.0\data\" (replace Archivos de
programa\blabla with your binary and data path)

Probably, the user running the service lost its enviroment... May be you
need to setup it right... I'm not sure how to accomplish that... be carefull
and RTFM ... (F = FANTASTIC!!!) :-)