Code clean for pre-9.0 binary upgrades in HeapTupleSatisfiesXXX()

From: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Code clean for pre-9.0 binary upgrades in HeapTupleSatisfiesXXX()
Date: 2022-09-19 07:54:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

When I read the heapam_visibility.c, I found that there is some code in
HeapTupleSatisfiesXXX that has a similar code for pre-9.0 binary upgrades.

HeapTupleSatisfiesSelf, HeapTupleSatisfiesToast and HeapTupleSatisfiesDirty
have the same code for pre-9.0 binary upgrades. HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate
has a similar code, except it returns TM_Result other than boolean.

HeapTupleSatisfiesMVCC also has a similar code like HeapTupleSatisfiesSelf,
expect it use XidInMVCCSnapshot other than TransactionIdIsInProgress.

The most different is HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuumHorizon.

Could we encapsulate the code for pre-9.0 binary upgrades? This idea comes from [1].

Any thoughts?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/8a855f33-2581-66bf-85f7-0b99239edbda%40postgrespro.ru

--
Regrads,