Remove redundant MemoryContextSwith in BeginCopyFrom

From: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Remove redundant MemoryContextSwith in BeginCopyFrom
Date: 2022-01-19 14:20:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers

When I read the code of COPY ... FROM ..., I find there is a redundant
MemoryContextSwith() in BeginCopyFrom(). In BeginCopyFrom, it creates
a COPY memory context and then switches to it, in the middle of this
function, it switches to the oldcontext and immediately switches back to
COPY memory context, IMO, this is redundant, and can be removed safely.

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Remove-redundant-MemoryContextSwith-in-BeginCopyFrom.patch text/x-patch 520 bytes