Re: Typo about subxip in comments

From: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Typo about subxip in comments
Date: 2022-11-11 09:14:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 at 15:23, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 12:16 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 11:26 AM Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Recently, when I read the XidInMVCCSnapshot(), and find there are some
>>> typos in the comments.
>>

>> Hmm, it seems to me 'the subxact array' is just another saying to refer
>> to snapshot->subxip. I'm not sure about this being typo. But I have no
>> objection to this change, as it is more consistent with the 'xip array'
>> saying followed.
>>

> Agreed, it is more about being consistent with xip array.

Thanks for reviewings.

Maybe a wrong plural in XidInMvccSnapshot().

* Make a quick range check to eliminate most XIDs without looking at the
* xip arrays.

I think we should use "xip array" instead of "xip arrays".

Furthermore, if the snapshot is taken during recovery, the xip array is
empty, and we should check subxip array. How about changing "xip arrays"
to "xip or subxip array"?

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.