Re: Backends stunk in wait event IPC/MessageQueueInternal

From: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backends stunk in wait event IPC/MessageQueueInternal
Date: 2022-05-16 03:45:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 14 May 2022 at 11:01, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 10:25 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Japin, are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Did I guess
>> right, that you're on illumos? Does this help? I used
>> defined(__sun__) to select the option, but I don't remember if that's
>> the right way to detect that OS family, could you confirm that, or
>> adjust as required?
>
> Better version. Now you can independently set -DWAIT_USE_{POLL,EPOLL}
> and -DWAIT_USE_{SELF_PIPE,SIGNALFD} for testing, and it picks a
> sensible default.

Thanks for your patch! The illumos already defined the following macros.

$ gcc -dM -E - </dev/null | grep -e 'illumos' -e 'sun'
#define __sun 1
#define __illumos__ 1
#define sun 1
#define __sun__ 1

Maybe use the __illumos__ macro more accurity.

+#elif defined(WAIT_USE_EPOLL) && defined(HAVE_SYS_SIGNALFD_H) && \
+ !defined(__sun__)

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.