all serial type was changed to 1

From: Max Wang <mwang(at)1080agile(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: all serial type was changed to 1
Date: 2017-05-01 05:51:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

We have a PostgreSQL database. There are 26 tables and we use serial type as primary key. We had a insert error as "duplicate key value violates unique constraint, DETAIL: Key (id)=(1) already exists." one weeks ago. I checked and found all tables' id were reset to 1.

I checked database log and did not find any useful information. I am not sure why this happen. The only script which connect to this database is a Python script and only do normal insert/update/delete actions.

Please give me some suggestions if you happen to know something about this issue. I appreciate any feedback you might have.

I am very new to PostgreSQL and this mail list. Please let me know if I did not something wrong.

Thank you.

Regards,
Max