Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Heather Carle" <hcarle(at)afilias(dot)info>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-12 20:40:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

We agree Mark. What I talked with Josh about is our interest in getting
Slony in use with some organizations in an enterprise capacity as well as
ensuring that commercial support is available (hence our workshop on Slony
at OSCON). Our plan is that once we have these details sewn up we can
directly pitch case studies of Slony's use with adequate customer and
support service references. Then we'd like to pursue product reviews.

The first step is to get this in production in our organization and then we
can think more about the press strategy.

As always, we are happy to be quoted in PostgreSQL releases and listed as an
enterprise user and contributor. We would just request review of how our
organization and it's employees are mentioned.

Best,
Heather
--
Heather D. Carle