Cross Database Links

From: "Sean Sell" <sksell(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Cross Database Links
Date: 2001-10-25 23:53:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think I read somewhere that you CANNOT access a table view etc. in another
database.
I wanted to confirm that this was the case or see if there was a method
(hack) to create
an alias to another database.

For example:

psql foo
foo# CREATE VIEW v1 AS SELECT * FROM BAR.t1;

where BAR is another database (same PostgreSQL server).

I was also wondering what the correct method is for restircting users
ability to
create tables, views etc.