Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator

From: "Rich Seiersen" <rich67dev(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: elein(at)varlena(dot)com, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org, david(at)fetter(dot)org, sean(at)chittenden(dot)org
Subject: Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator
Date: 2003-10-30 22:41:57
Lists: sfpug

Josh,
Would it be ideal to have a system that perhaps intereacts with CVS?
Meaning, developers would use a web gui to write and doc, but they would
publish to cvs. The moderator would then determine if its ready for
primetime, and then execute some foo (from the gui) that publishes it to the
main system, probably a few tables. Only the brances from cvs ready to
publish would actually make it to the DB.

I could see a cpanish like system - for example, we could have the section
on banking or financials, with postgres' awesome support of network types,
we could have a networking section etc......

Josh, do you have a dev server all setup with php, postgres, ssh? For dev
puprposes, perhaps we should run cvs on the same maching until we work out
all the kinks. (assuming my idea of coordination is not entirely insane).

I could probably help hack something like this together.

Richard Seiersen
rich67dev(at)hotmail(dot)com

>From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
>To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
>CC: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>,David
>Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: [sfpug] [cool hack] Credit Card validator
>Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:29:20 -0800
>
>I think you missed my volunteering.
>Yes. Submittals are welcome.
>
>elein(at)varlena(dot)com
>
>On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:27:52PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > There is Roberto Mello's Function Library. However, that got frozen in
>amber
> > about 2 years ago. He keeps telling me he's about to update it, but I
>never
> > see progress.
> >
> > I have dozens of "general purpose" functions I could commit to such a
>library.
> > I'll even write the (postgresql) back end if someone will write the
> > (web-based) front end. What it needs to support is:
> >
> > 1) Saving functions catagorized by language, author, purpose, and
>postgresql
> > version(s), date, < 100-word summary.
> > 2) Allowing the original author and the system admin to edit/delete
>existing
> > functions
> > 3) allowing searching on language, author, purpose, version, date, and
>free
> > text search on summary.
> >
> > Further, we could get a magazine article out of the application ....
> >
> > Volunteers?
> >
> > --
> > -Josh Berkus
> > Aglio Database Solutions
> > San Francisco

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com