Running postmaster with TCP/IP (ipv4)

From: "Adham Helal" <aahelal(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Running postmaster with TCP/IP (ipv4)
Date: 2004-02-05 17:42:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

hey

I am a mysql guy, after reading a lot of reviews i decided to convert my co.
to postgresql. I am experimenting with pgsql for a week so far good.

I downloaded pgsql ver 7.4.1 and installed (./configure with-java) but when
i start postmaster with -i option i get this error could not create IPv6
socket: Address family not supported by protocol and i dont want ipv6 in
the first place. I only want ipv4. I tried to find something to disable ipv6
but i didn't

Where did i go wrong ? or how to fix it ?

My system slackware 9.1/ kernel 2.4.22

Thank you