Re: Inputting columns of data

From: "C G" <csgcsg39(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dev(at)archonet(dot)com
Subject: Re: Inputting columns of data
Date: 2004-02-16 17:16:59
Lists: pgsql-general

>On the other hand, that's a poor way of using a relational database - can
>you
>explain what you are trying to achieve? Someone might have a better way to
>do
>it.
>--
> Richard Huxton
> Archonet Ltd

I'm using the database to store results from a numerical simulation, so the
first column of the data array would be 'time', then the next column(s)
would be population(s). There are about 1000 rows in each array.

I about thought putting each row of the array into a row in the table.
However, this could very quickly lead to a table with more than a million
rows. Would this be a problem?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Colin