Re: Drawing databases

From: "Arguile" <arguile(at)lucentstudios(dot)com>
To: "Jairo Tcatchenco" <jairo(at)cda(dot)sp(dot)gov(dot)br>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Drawing databases
Date: 2002-02-27 23:21:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Jairo Tcatchenco writes:
> I'm designing a lot of databases lately and I want to find a
> tool like a case, to draw the tables and relations. Just to maintain a
> schema with the documentation. Anybody knows a free tool like this?

There's a whole bunch of free and not so free tools to do ERD and UML (ERD
doesn't map overly well to UML IMO but you can do it) diagrams.

A few of the free ones are listed here.
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#design

Many of them use ODBC, JDBC, or other driver metadata calls so make sure
your drivers are up-to-date for the best results.