RE: Backend dies for DBI

From: "Oscar Serrano" <oserra(at)fondos(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Backend dies for DBI
Date: 2001-03-08 10:15:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Recently I had a problem similar to this.
I don't know why, once or twice a day, some backend died abnormaly so
killing all other backends. The problem was some index got corrupted. Using
the command REINDEX TABLE table_name FORCE, it fixed the problem with the
index. But the problem started again.
Finally I've found that the problem was in NFS. My databases where in
another computer (different from the postgres binaries) mounted by NFS. Now
I've put postmaster and databases in the same hard disk and now it works.

BTW, I have a conexion to the postmaster on every cgi (mod_perl) because I
thought that it was not possible to open a conexión from within the
httpd.conf and use it for every cgi.