configure options

From: "Hugh Scully" <hscully(at)bestweb(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: configure options
Date: 2002-08-21 14:07:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm brand new with PostgreSQL working through the installation on Linux.
I've gotten the latest source and it compiles nicely without any options.
However I want to make use of --with-CXX, --with-tcl, --enable-odbc,
and --with-java. gmake fails with any one or any combination of these
options. For instance with "./configure -with-CXX", and running "gmake" I
fail with the following

gmake: Entering an Unknown Directory
gmake: ***libpq++: No such file or Directory. Stop
gmake: Leaving an Unknow Diretory.

When configure --with-java is used Ant, which I installed according to
direction, is found running but a similar "Unknown Directory.." message
relative to "jdbc" stops it.

Is it a path problem? I'm new at Linux, too (if you can't tell already ;))I
installed the src in /usr/local/src... according to direction. It just looks
like things cannot be found.