library path

From: "SunMie Won" <sunmiewon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: library path
Date: 2001-10-18 16:16:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am trying to do an install of PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on Red Hat 6.0. I have
unzipped, compiled, and installed successfully, but am having trouble
creating the database cluster. I am using the command as the postgres user:
initdb --pgdata/usr/local/pgsql/data
and get the message:
"initdb does not know where to find the files that make up the Postgres
(PGLIB directory). You must identify the PGLIB directory either with a
--pglib invocation " .... etc.

I have set the following environment variable:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/library

Is that related? What am I doing wrong, or forgetting?

SunMie Won
sunmiewon(at)yahoo(dot)com
415.336.3382 cell
530.550.0833 home