Re: Converting MS-Access To Postgresql

From: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Converting MS-Access To Postgresql
Date: 2000-09-16 09:15:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

In article <39BCDD6C(dot)82AD4EFF(at)undp(dot)org>, Amjad Alsharif
<amjad(dot)alsharif(at)undp(dot)org> writes

>Hi All,
>
>I am new to PostgreSQL, and I ahve decided to move my application to
>PostgreSQL and its all of its Databases and I was wondering if there is
>a tool or a method to transfer things over.
>
>Your input is greatly appreciated.
I have had a lot of success with "exportSQL version 2.0" from:
http://www.cynergi.net/prod/exportsql/

I have modified it to improve the functionality in PostgreSQL (to
support indexes etc...). I haven't sent the changes upstream yet - email
me if you would like a copy.
--
Jamie Walker "While there are no known bugs in it, it might
jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk destroy your filesystems, eat your data and