Re: Improved PostgreSQL Mathematics Support.

From: "Private Information Retrieval(PIR)" <postgresql-pir(at)pm(dot)me>
To: A Z <poweruserm(at)live(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improved PostgreSQL Mathematics Support.
Date: 2021-09-20 02:40:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Your request is essentially to wrap the GMP library into native types in Postgres. This can be done as custom types and adding postgres extensions as you suggested originally. The work to be done is straightforward, but there is a lot of work so it would take a awhile to implement. The big integer part is rather simple, while there is some work to be done there the fractional part will take significantly longer because reasons ( think testing edge cases), but it is doable if there is interest in implementing this.

-The MuchPIR Team

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.