Re: SERIAL does not ROLLBACK

From: "BERG Thomas" <tberg(at)insight-system(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SERIAL does not ROLLBACK
Date: 2003-03-12 07:31:40
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-sql

I believe this is deliberate on the part of the postgresql programmers. If
serial numbers could be rolled back, you'd have to block any other
transactions that wanted a new serial number until the first transaction had
committed.

I don't know how to get around this, but I'd think pretty carefully before I
decided to, unless I were an a single-user or extremely few-user scenario.

Berg