Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy

From: "Joel Burton" <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
To: "mlw" <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Jan Wieck" <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Date: 2002-05-08 15:55:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, I think it's a bit different than Wine, a _huge_ binary trying to
emulate every call of an operating system (and making things more than a bit
slower).

If there is a stripped down, out-of-the-box install that includes cygwin, do
you think that will turn people off? It would be essentially invisible.

There was a native PG (7.0.3, IIRC) floating around on the web, so _someone_
has done this before.

- J.

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Knowledge Management & Technology Consultant