restore from base

From: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: restore from base
Date: 2001-03-01 18:53:11
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a zip file containing the base directory from an old postgresql
installation. I DO NOT have the entire data directory. Is there a way to
restore to a working database from just this file? What I am ultimately
trying to do is get this zip file, which contains the database for a 7.0.2
installation, converted to 7.1beta4

Thanks for any help!