RE: Access 97 - problems with the result set

From: "Joseph" <lters(at)mrtc(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc(at)Postgresql(dot)Org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Access 97 - problems with the result set
Date: 2001-07-21 11:43:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Answering my own question, partly...

Turns out access seems upset at least some of the time if
there are no REAL fields returned from the database.

So if we have a table foo with a field f1
and
we query it this way - SELECT 't' as t from foo
there is no error on postgresql but access first runs the query as is then
tries 'SELECT * FROM SELECT 't' as t from foo' which causes an error on
server, and therefore the error on access.

Any thoughts about how to fix this other that doing adding a REAL field so
it dosen't fail
as - 'SELECT 't' as t,OID from foo' (which works fine).