Question Regarding Geometric Operators/Function . . .

From: "Peter E(dot) Chen" <pchen3(at)jhmi(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question Regarding Geometric Operators/Function . . .
Date: 2002-08-29 19:51:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a geometric operator/function that will allow
me to determine if a line segment and a point overlap? By overlap I mean
that the point lies on the line segment. I can't seem to do this with the
available geometric operators.

Also, can someone explain to me the difference between how postgres defines
overlap and intersect for its geometric operators/functions.

Please help.

Thanks,
Peter