Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying

From: "Andrew Payne" <andy(at)payne(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date: 2004-04-05 23:09:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>>> Just an idea, why don't we run a postgresql vs mysql benchmark ? I

{snip}

>> We might get in trouble with their (MySQL) trademark guys with this:

I wouldn't any spend time worrying about this. Analysts and reviewers write
bad things about products all the time and aren't held liable for any of
this nonsense.

I'd do the benchmark and publish the results, properly attributing any
trademarks that belong to MySQL AB. If someone at MySQL really gets
annoyed, then (a) hire a lawyer, or (b) change all of the references to "the
open source database available at www.mysql.com".

-andy