Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:

From: "Denis Grannell" <dgrannell(at)web(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Date: 2004-01-02 09:26:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

> > No, I'm not using IPv6 and since you've classified the
> > message as being harmless then I'm happy with that.
>
> Give credit (or blame :-) where it's due: Tom Lane said that the message
> could be ignored as long as you weren't also seeing "disabling statistics
> collector for lack of working socket."

I thought I had already written an appropriate acknowledgement
by CCing the whole list, but I take your point, so:
Let it be known here in this public forum, henceforth and
forevermore, that it was Tom Lane and none other, who
assured me that the message in my logfile was benign. :-)
The call I opened under the subject:
"could not bind socket for statistics collector:", is now
resolved.
Thanks Tom for a speedy and accurate response.

cheers,
Denis