Postgres Database Error Codes

From: "Abhishek Goyal" <abhishek(dot)goyal(at)tatainfotech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Database Error Codes
Date: 2003-07-22 03:42:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new to working on Postgres database and want to explore it fully.
Right now, I am interested in knowing all the predefined database error
codes for situations like "No Data Found" and "Too many rows" during a query
operation, "Duplicate key found" during an insert operation, "Data Type
Mismatch" during a conversion operation and many more situations as
identified and defined in an Oracle database.

I could not find a similar list of predefined error codes anywhere in
Postgres documentation.

Please revert back with the appropriate source of this information as soon
as possible.

Thanks,
Abhishek