Tables not getting vacuumed in postgres

From: "Karthik Jagadish (kjagadis)" <kjagadis(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Prasanna Satyanarayanan (prassaty)" <prassaty(at)cisco(dot)com>, "Chandruganth Ayyavoo Selvam (chaayyav)" <chaayyav(at)cisco(dot)com>, "Jaganbabu M (jmunusam)" <jmunusam(at)cisco(dot)com>
Subject: Tables not getting vacuumed in postgres
Date: 2022-11-08 11:30:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

We have a NMS application where we are using postgres as database, what we are noticing is that vacuuming is not happening for certain tables for 2-3 days and eventually the table bloats and disk space is running out.

What could be the reason for auto vacuuming not happening for certain tables?

Autovacuum is enabled

Regards,
Karthik