From: "Kristian Skrede Gleditsch" <kgleditsch(at)ucsd(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Bjarte Aagnes" <aagnes(at)statinet(dot)no>
Date: 2002-05-03 22:54:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have installed PostgreSQL 7.2 but have problems getting the program to run
properly.

When I try start the postmater with pg_ctl I get the following error message

FATAL 1: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL 7.2, which is not
compatible with this version 7.1.3

I gather I must still have a version 7.1.3 on the system (does this come
with Redhat?). Is there a way to remove the old version or upgrade
everything to 7.2?

regards,
KSG