pgaccess update

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "pgaccess - developers" <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>
Subject: pgaccess update
Date: 2002-07-09 10:36:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

This is a short update about the current stage of pgaccess.

The development team will try to release 0.98.8 version together with
PostgreSQL 7.3

The current areas of active development are -

Boyan - the visual schema
Chris - reports and forms

There are ideas in the area of -

Jeff - windows installer
Bartus - overloaded functions, Hungarian translation
Josh - documentation and tutorial

There is a new wave revived - to make the pgaccess a tool for writing small
applications similar to MS Access. This is an old idea of Teo, that was just
noticed. Chris is actually writing in this direction. And I am personally
quite fascinated by it. I heard that the governments of Germany and China
favour the Linux very much - pgaccess based on PostgreSQL might become
really nice UNIX based application development tool.

Please, send your ideas, needs or wishes. If they are in the covered areas -
the developers there will take them. If not - we would need some more
people.

People for testing on different platforms will be very much welcome.

All best,

Iavor

--
www.pgaccess.org