Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution

From: "Jeff MacDonald" <jeff(at)tsunamicreek(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "James Hubbard" <jhubbard(at)mcs(dot)uvawise(dot)edu>
Cc: "Dave Cramer" <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
Date: 2002-06-25 16:42:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK, I have heard this before, but I would like to know specifically how
> is PostgreSQL harder to administer than MySQL. Knowing that will help
> us address the issue.

I find this statement about pgsql being hard to admin a bit hard to swallow
as well. Maybe it's cause pgsql is all i've _really_ used, and did tech
support
for it for a while.

I've had a few run in's with mysql[ for personal projects] and tried to
approach it with an open mind, but often i find the documentation is
unclear
and hard to follow.

PostgreSQL has GREAT documentation and it feels very straight forward to
run.

The only problem is convincing everyone else that.