Accessing Large Objects From Cold Fusion

From: "Steven M(dot) Lotito" <steven(dot)lotito(at)302solutions(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accessing Large Objects From Cold Fusion
Date: 2003-04-25 15:02:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi, I've run into an issue that I hope someone can help with... I have a
3rd
party postgres database that I need to use ColdFusion to access. They are
XML
documents, but show up as OIDs. I cannot figure out how to get ColdFusion
read the actual data object... if I select the field I just get the numeric
OID... (I guess it's roughly equivalent to a BLOB)

\d shows:

Table "planinstances"
Attribute | Type | Modifier
planinst_id | integer | not null default
nextval('"planinstances_planinst_id_seq"'::text)
parent_id | integer | default 0
entdate | timestamp with time zone | default
"timestamp"('now'::text)
plandef_id | integer |
state | character varying(32) | default 'unknown'
status | character varying(32) | default 'pending'
preprov_config | oid | default 0
preprov_result | oid | default 0
activation_config | oid | default 0
activation_result | oid | default 0
ispoverview | oid | default 0
servinst_id | integer | default 0
user_id | integer | default 0
order_id | integer | default 0

Indices:
index_planinstance_order_id,index_planinstance_plandef_id,index_planinstance
_sta
te,index_planinstance_svcins_id,index_planinstance_user_id,planinstances_pke

The CF query is:

<CFQUERY NAME="q" DATASOURCE="PostgresDB">
SELECT activation_config, plandef_id, planinst_id,
preprov_config
FROM planinstances
WHERE user_id = '#ARGUMENTS.user_id#'
AND status = 'normal'
AND state='active'
AND parent_id = 0
</CFQUERY>

I'm using ColdFusion MX with the latest postgres JDBC driver...

I've been able to access these fields in the past ( in Perl I could use
lo_read() and could do it in Java using the ResultSet.getBinaryStream()
method
) but I need to figure out how to do this with ColdFusion...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
steve