interface PERL and return results

From: victor3(dot)lopes(at)voila(dot)fr <victor3(dot)lopes(at)voila(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: interface PERL and return results
Date: 2002-10-05 21:31:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,
I use Perl Pg interface to join my postgresql database.

I wan't send the below query in perl :

$res = $db->exec(' create table temp (....); \copy temp from result.res');

I wan't test the result of this 2 commands with : $res->resultStatus

Although this command works normaly or no, depends of values format in result.res, i
have always the same
response PGRES_FATAL_ERROR.
Is it normal ? How i do to know the real result of my commands ?

If i use this commands in psql, if there are an error in my result.res file, psql
indicates me the line where is localized the
error in my file.
Can i have this functionnality and information with the perl interface Pg ?

Thanks for your response :-)