postgres crash

From: frank_lupo <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres crash
Date: 2002-09-13 16:13:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general

I work with Postgres Win 2000 using Cygwin

template1=# select version();
version
PostgreSQL 7.2 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-5

Sometime, the database crashes and I receive the folllwing log message:

DEBUG: recycled transaction log file 000000000000008B
FATAL 2: link from /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog/000000000000008B to /usr/
share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog/0000000000000093 (initialization of log file 0, se
gment 147) failed: Permission denied
DEBUG: server process (pid 1408) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and a

going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializ
ing shar
d memory and semaph
ores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not enough mem
ory
This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).
The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

I changed the shared_buffers and max_connections parameters, but the problem is not solved.

It is possible that my configuration is wrong ?

Thank you

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Per tanti sonni felici, fai un fantastcio regalo al tuo bambino l'Autoletto
come una vera auto sportiva. Lo trovi solo nel MammaShop.it
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=625&d=13-9