Re: Trimming the Fat, Part Deux ...

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trimming the Fat, Part Deux ...
Date: 2002-08-01 02:06:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Okay ... since this is pretty much going to be 'one camp for, one camp
> against' without anything to really back up either camps perspectives /
> arguments, I did some research on CVS in order to find a nice, effective
> middle ground ... and it actually works quite sweet ...

Personally, I'd like to be able to have a "client-only" distro, but other
than that I'm not fussed. I like the convenience of having all the contribs
in contrib, however some sort of CPgAN thing would be sweet as.

Currently, the guy who maintains the FreeBSD postgres port has hacked up a
client only version that does all the building, but only installs the client
stuff.

Chris