log_duration

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: log_duration
Date: 2003-02-11 03:05:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi guys,

Looking at the log_duration postgresql.conf option. How about adding an
option log_duration_min which is a value in milliseconds that is the minimum
time a query must run for before being logged. Basically, what I'd be
interested in is "please log the SQL query and duration of all queries that
last longer than 500ms".

That way I can quickly find badly formed queries, index them, etc...

Idea?

Chris