Trouble debugging contrib/fulltextindex

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <f(dot)helmberger(at)uptime(dot)at>
Subject: Trouble debugging contrib/fulltextindex
Date: 2002-08-21 03:29:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

Few quick questions.

1. How do you compile contribs with full debugging symbols. I always get
heuristic-fencepost-blah probs with gdb even though I've configured postgres
with all the debugging stuff. Makes it really hard to find probs in the
contribs.

2. Should contribs exclusively use palloc/pfree? I notice that
fulltextindex is using malloc and free - is there any real reason not to
change them?

I've attached the current tarball (extract in contrib) but my regression
test is crashing and I've had to fill it full of elogs to see that nargs is
being overwritten by an overflow or something.

Florian - feel like helping me test/fix it. go 'gmake install' and then
'gmake installcheck' to test it.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachment Content-Type Size
fulltextindex.tar.gz application/x-gzip 23.5 KB