Re: alter table drop column status

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Kovacs Zoltan" <kovacsz(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: alter table drop column status
Date: 2002-02-20 02:41:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Zoltan,

I'd love to see a pl/pgsql funciton to drop a column submitted to the list.
I'll submit a set null / set not null one and maybe we can make up a little
package of functions for techdocs.postgres.org.

In fact, getting these pl/pgsql functions right will make it easier to write
C versions, which might make it easier to integrate the functionality
directly into postgres...

Chris