Prepared statements question

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Prepared statements question
Date: 2003-01-10 03:48:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

With prepared statements being all well and good, how do I know if the query
has not yet been prepared in the backend? Or is this simply a situation
where I can't win?

eg. Say I have a web page that does a humungous query. I would like to have
that query prepared, say, for speed. However, I can't tell if that backend
has had that query prepared or not. Is there any way around this?

Chris