Re: location, location... (RE: Senior PostgreSQL DBA for Etsy.com)

From: "Andreas Kostyrka" <andreas(at)kostyrka(dot)org>
To: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
Cc: "Haim Schoppik" <haim(at)etsy(dot)com>, <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org> <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: location, location... (RE: Senior PostgreSQL DBA for Etsy.com)
Date: 2007-05-22 15:55:05
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Well, I always ask nicely in private mail if it's unclear. e.g. in this case as I've done a compareable one as a telecommuter.

Andreas

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff: location, location... (RE: [pgsql-jobs] Senior PostgreSQL DBA for Etsy.com)
Von: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
Datum: 22.05.2007 15:43

Is the person in this position expected to work remotely, from any place in the world? Or is the company going to relocate to wherever the ideal candidate resides? What I mean to say is, PLEASE, PLEASE post a location for your job, preferrably in the subject line. While there are a small (hopefully growing) number of jobs that are location-independent the present reality is that most jobs are tied to a very specific spot... And if you are posting one of those work-from-anywhere jobs that might be worth mentioning also!