Linking issues with libpq

From: "Rajan Bhide" <rbhide(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Anupama Deshmukh" <adeshmukh(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
Subject: Linking issues with libpq
Date: 2004-02-25 08:13:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I am getting following error if I compile postgres7.4.1 source code using gmake and gcc.
ld.so.1: /tmp/postgres/bin/psql: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

I suppose this is because libpq.so is using libgcc.so, which is not available to runtime linker ld.
Can I build libpq.so where I can statically link libgcc.a instead of libgcc.so.
If yes, Can anyone suggest me the option to be given for configure script.

Thanks,
Rajan Bhide