Query for importing and exporting data from a database

From: "Yateen Joshi" <yjoshi(at)starentnetworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query for importing and exporting data from a database
Date: 2005-05-26 14:54:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using postgres 7.4.2 on Solaris. My unix system does not place a
limitation of 2 GB on file size. If I export a data from my database
that causes the file size to be more than 2 GB, then that export fails
(and vice versa for importing, i.e. if the file size is more than 3 GB,
it can not import). Two questions -
Why does this happen?
Is there any way to avoid this?

Basically, I want to export huge chunk of data to files and then import
the same, please help me.

Thanks and regards,

Yateen V. Joshi