Re: Strange crash logs

From: Rocco Zanni <rocco(dot)zanni(at)spreaker(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange crash logs
Date: 2012-05-09 15:15:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,
we've discovered more informations in the meanwhile.

It seems that a bug in our backup tools caused a freeze in the
database filesystem. The tool was stucked inside an xfs_freeze for a
several minutes and caused the kernel to terminate processes locked
waiting for write lock. One of this processes was postgresql.

I don't believe that was an issue on postgres-side.

Bye,
Rocco

---
Rocco Zanni